2nd year PhD student in the Faculty of History, University of Cambridge | MA in Early Modern History, University of York | BA in History, University of York
Current research: the principle and practice of equity and the king’s extraordinary justice, 1490-1530.
Interests: Historical fiction and television | Museums | education and social mobility | the Tudors in public history.
- ‘History on Film: genre, fact, and resonance in Mary Queen of Scots and The Favourite’, 19 March 2019.
- ‘The privy seal writ: an unwelcome gift’, 2018 Advent Calendar, 12 December 2018.
- ”[W]ho so wyl a gardener be’: arboriculture in late medieval and early modern commonplace books’, 25 September 2018.
- ‘Independence and interdependence: one Scot’s perspective on Anglo-Scottish relations in early-seventeenth-century London’, 27 February 2018.
- ‘Edmund Dudley’s inventory’, 2017 Advent Calendar, 14 December 2017.
- ‘Experiencing the law in sixteenth-century England’, 21 November 2017.